Thursday, June 19, 2008

Do Ya Dig?

Pathetically, I am not updating this as regularly as I need to be doing. But then, that shouldn't be surprising, really. I love the Lord, with all my heart. But, my life is busy. Finding time to pick up a Bible and read is never easy. That doesn't mean I am not learning, though. I am learning constantly.

I wrote a post on my other blog about Barack Obama and the fact that he actually picked up a shovel to help flood victims. I mentioned that James 2:14-18 says that if you tell someone "Go I wish you well" when they need food or clothing, what good is your faith. James says that faith is deeds. And I agree.

This is a challenge to me. I need to work out my faith, with fear and trembling... figure out what it looks like in the real world, not just in church on Sundays. I am trying to be real. After all, once the lights go out, that's all there is.

how about you? Where's your shovel?

T, who is just trying to keep it real

No comments: