Monday, June 2, 2008

So What Started This?

A year or so ago, I read an amazing book, called The Irresistible Revolution, by Shane Claiborne. It challenged me to think about my faith in a different way. What is this thing called Christianity? What does it really mean to be a Christian? Not, what does the world, or church or my neighbor think, but what did Jesus mean? I wrestled with that. I still do.

A month later I heard a song by Todd Agnew called "My Jesus." It moved me to tears, and put into words everything I had been feeling. Here are the lyrics..scroll down to the middle of the post.

It challenged me to think differently, to go deeper and to really try to understand what I am doing with my butt in the seat at church every Sunday. Shortly thereafter, I became a youth leader for our jr. high group at church. And that transformed my life and my faith.

It wasn't enough to say I was a Christian. What was I going to DO about it? Hear how Shane Claiborne puts it:

How about you? What do you DO with your faith?

No comments: