Monday, June 2, 2008

Now What?

image here

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. -James 1:27

What does this MEAN? What do I actually DO? It's all well and good to read about what God considers "religion" to be...but do I actually do anything about it? Sure, I am busy, isn't everyone. But what service do I actually do?

I do work with teenagers at church, trying to help them grow in their faith (or in some cases, find it) but beyond the day-to-day grind of homeschool, parenting, keeping house and managing everything, there is little time left over. I barely have time to schedule my things. It is embarrassing if I told you how long it has been since I have had a physical... everything else seems to come first. But I digress. We aren't talking about me, we are talking about service. Funny how it always comes back to "me."I'm working on that.

Lord, please show me opportunities to serve. Wake me up. Help me see the people around me, and make it a priority. Please give me the ability to manage my time, and do something good.

T, who is a pretty selfish person with time, but I am working on it

No comments: