Sunday, June 1, 2008

Why is this here?

I wanted to have a place to "land" in my too busy life, a place where I can be safe and authentic in my faith. I knew that I would actually stick to my devotions if I started blogging them. I am all about being an ordinary radical. I want to ask the tough questions. What does it mean to be a follower of Jesus, vs. a "Christian?" What is culture vs. bare bones lover of Jesus? If I really love Him, what would that look like? I have a family, I have responsibilities. I can't just drop everything and go to India to hang out with lepers. A pastor once said, "If you want to know what God's will is for your life...eat what's on your plate." I have never forgotten that.

So, I do. I am who I am, and hopefully who he is making me. If you want to come on this journey, I would love to share it with you. Maybe together, we might learn something.

In Him, T, who really does love the Lord

No comments: